I suggest this every year as the perfect stocking stuffer for your favorite Austen reader, or gift yourself – it will show up in your mailbox 6 times a year! Jane Austen’s Regency World Magazine:
Here is the latest news on the just published January/February (No. 67) issue – it is all about Mansfield Park:
The cover features Chiwetel Ejiofor as Solomon Northup in the new film 12 Years a Slave.
This issue begins the celebration of the bicentenary of the publication of Jane Austen’s third novel Mansfield Park. In it you can read about:
- Jane Austen on slavery: how Jane Austen’s third novel tackled the issue of slavery
- Sympathy and advice for Mary Crawford
- Breach of promise of marriage: the danger of being caught in a scandal
- Navy vs Army: why Jane Austen preferred sailors to soldiers
- Jane Austen Club of Moscow: Russian Janeites who enjoy the world’s favourite author
Plus: News, Letters, Book Reviews and information from Jane Austen Societies in the US, UK and Australia.
To subscribe now click here: http://janeaustenmagazine.co.uk/subscribe/ and make sure that you are among the first to read all the news from Jane Austen’s Regency World. [You can also on this page download a sample article: there is a pdf of the article on the BBC’s Death Comes to Pemberley]. An annual subscription (six issues) costs £29.70 plus postage.
Digital magazine: Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine is now available as a download for your iPad or Android device. The new issue goes live on January 1. For full details click here.