Coming soon to your mailbox!
In the new issue (No. 56, March / April 2012):
- Archaeologists excavate the site of Steventon rectory
- Romance of the East: how Regency travellers were fascinated by Islam and the Orient
- Best-selling novelist Karen Doornebos asks why grown men swoon over Mr Darcy
- How Charles Dickens, the bicentenary of whose birth is celebrated this year, was influenced by Jane Austen’s contemporaries
- Maggie Lane explores Frances Burney’s experiences at the Royal Court
- Jane Austen’s nieces in Ireland- the amazing true story of May, Lou and Cass
- Finding the fools in Northanger Abbey *
- Plus the latest Jane Austen news, readers’ letters, book reviews and news from Jane Austen societies around the world
[*John Thorpe anyone?]
Subscription information is available at www.janeaustenmagazine.co.uk
Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine is the only full-colour glossy magazine dedicated to Jane Austen and the Georgian and Regency times. It is published six times a year in Bath, England, and mailed worldwide by subscription. Copies are also sold via Jane Austen’s House Museum, Chawton; the Jane Austen Centre, Bath; and Jane Austen Books in the US.
[Text and image from JARW]