News direct from the publisher – the latest issue of Jane Austen’s Regency World Magazine, No. 53 September / October 2011 is in the mail!
- KATE MIDDLETON AND JANE AUSTEN ~ How the Duchess is related to our favourite author
- STETSONS FOR JASNA ~ The AGM is comingTexas – and here’s a preview of all the exciting events in store
- GORGEOUS GAINSBOROUGH ~ A new exhibition of the portraitist’s landscapes
- THE MEDICAL REGENCY ~ Illness and death in Jane Austen’s time
- WORDS OVERHEARD ~Maggie Lane looks at how Jane Austen uses eavesdropping as a literary device [think Miss Steele!]
- BIRD MAN OF LYME REGIS ~ The ornithologist who became a success inAustralia
- PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS ~ A lack of low-denomination coins caused a headache for Jane
- AN A-PEELING TALE ~ Tackling the scandal of child labour in Georgian England
- Plus: All the latest news from the world of Jane Austen, as well as letters, book reviews, CD reviews quiz, competition and news from JAS and JASNA.
Jane Austen’s Regency World will be at the following events, and look forward to meeting many subscribers, old and new:
- Sept 17, 2011: Jane Austen Festival,Bath,UK (country fayre)
- Oct 13-15: JASNA AGM,Fort Worth,Texas,USA [hurray!!]
For further information, and to subscribe, visit: www.janeaustenmagazine.co.uk
[Image and contents courtesy of JARW Magazine]