Maria Grazia at My Jane Austen Book Club is hosting a year-long celebration of the 200 year anniversary of the publication of Sense & Sensibility. Maria has invited twelve other Austen bloggers [including yours truly] to each post an article on Austen’s first published work. Here is Maria’s invitation and the schedule:
October 2011 will mark the bicentenary of the publication of Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility. This is why ‘My Jane Austen Book Club’ wants to dedicate a special space to the celebration and discussion of Austen’s first achievement as a published writer. I have invited some expert Janeites to contribute to the discussion and they have kindly and generously accepted . Katherine at November’s Autumn and Gaskell Blog contributed the cute button on the left. Each month one of them will deal with a theme, a character, a topic somehow linked to Sense and Sensibility. The discussion will be open to you all with your comments, questions and suggestions. There will be a monthly giveaway and you will have the chance to win a book or DVD connected to our celebration. Here’s the schedule of our virtual meetings. Take notes.
2. February – “Sense and Sensibility on Screen” by Alexa Adams
3. March – “Inheritance Laws & Their Consequences in Sense & Sensibility” by C. Allyn Pierson
4. April – “Lost in Sense & Sensibility” by Beth Patillo
5. May – “Willoughby: A Rogue on Trial” by Jane Odiwe
6. June – “Secrets in Sense & Sensibility” by Deb Barnum of Jane Austen in Vermont
7. July – “Interview with Lucy Steele” by Laurie Viera Rigler
8. August – “Settling for the Compromise Marriage” by Regina Jeffers
9. September – “The Origins of S&S: Richardson, Jane Austen, Elinor & Mariannne” by Lynn Shepherd
10. October – “Sense & Sensibility Fanfiction” by Meredith of Austenesque Reviews
11. November – “Minor Characters in Sense & Sensibility” by Vic of Jane Austen’s World
12. December – “Marianne Dashwood: A Passion for Dead Leaves & Other Sensibilities” by Laurel Ann of Austenprose
********************A year chock full of S&S insights! – so check back to read these sure-to-be-interesting posts on S&S and a chance each month to win the latest giveaway.
There are also other Sense & Sensibility celebrations and blog tours – I will post on these another day – in the meantime, check out Jennifer Becton’s post on “Marriage & Money in Sense & Sensibility” at My Jane Austen Book Club. With hearty thanks to Maria for setting this up!
Copyright @ 2011, Deb Barnum at Jane Austen in Vermont.